June 04, 2013

a rainbow

Drops had a sale in the month  of May and I just couldn't resist buying a box full of Alpaca.  I bought it online and while I was trying to decide which colours to buy, I just kept adding them to my cart until I pretty much decided to buy all of them. Well, except for the brown shades because I'm not a fan of brown. 


I first thought of making a blanket with successive gradients of colour, but decided it would be too messy.  I then thought about making a spiral gradient blanket, but couldn't figure out a way to do it without cutting the ends and joining them every row - which is a waste of good alpaca in my view!  So I settled on huge blocks of colour.
55 stiches in each colour, 28 cm tall before changing colours.  I hope it will be as gorgeous at the end as it is in my  head.  It's already so soft and wonderful that alpaca is my new favourite yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment