August 16, 2013

Volkspark Potsdam

I've wanted to visit Volkspark Potsda for a while, because every large patch of green on a map makes me curious.  I took the tram to the far north of Postdam and when I entered the park I discovered it actually costs 1€ to visit!

At the entry to the park I could see the Pfingstberg in the distance.  I wasn't feeling up to an uphill hike, but going there is definitely on my Potsdam to-do list.

The Volkspark itself was... okay.  It's not my type of park, in that it seems to be used more for events than just lounging in the park for the day. And lounging in the park is a very big Berlin thing.  I guess things are different in Potsdam...


When I was already on the tram home I discovered that this building had a dinosaur exhibit.  Maybe they should have put some advertising behind the building as well? Not everyone uses the main entrance.




 This makes me wish I played beach volleyball.

And that was it.  I'm glad I visited, and now I know my way around for their next event, but I won't be making regular visits.

No comments:

Post a Comment