July 24, 2013

cotton rug

A few months ago I bought some recycled cotton yarn with plans to make puffs and carpets and baskets.  However, I was moving and couldn't bring everything with me, so it all went into storage.  A couple of weeks ago I revised what was in storage (like all of my spices - what was I thinking?) and at the same time, I needed to buy a new carpet for the kitchen.  I kept putting off going to the store to get one until finally something clicked in my head and I decided to turn the cotton yarn into a small rug, so I could move my bedside carpet to the kitchen. I think it took only one episode of a TV show to make this thing.

 Of course, as soon as I put it down Tilly came to investigate.
I'm quite happy with it, but it's smaller than I'd like mainly because I couldn't use all of my colours. They are all different widths and thicknesses - I mean one row of black is thicker than two rows of grey. Still, it's cute and pretty and will be covered in cat fur in a few days, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment